Pages

Thursday 10 April 2014

Mini-Drama



SFX: Ambience sound of the inside of a house.

MR. BROWNLOW: Are you ready, honey? We’re leaving in five minutes.

MRS. BROWNLOW: Yesss, I’m just getting my coat.

MR. BROWNLOW: Please hurry up, I don't want to be late.

SFX: Woman steps going downstairs. Closing of a door.

SFX: Ambience of the street and sound of a multitude of people waiting to enter the opera house and people murmuring.

(Continue people murmuring in background)

MRS. BROWNLOW: What a beautiful ni... Oh no, look at your right!

MR. BROWNLOW: What's wrong?

MRS. BROWNLOW: (indignant) Can you believe it? These people are here today! Ugh, I don’t want share the same air with them, they are scum...

MR: BROWNLOW: Please darling, calm down. Ignore them, nothing bad is going to happen. Just relax and enjoy the play.

WOMAN: Your wife is right, sir. Last time this kind of people came here, horrible things happened! They just don’t belong here! Look at them, all in their shabby clothes...

MRS. BROWNLOW: That is... I don’t know why they keep selling those cheap tickets. At least they seat in a different area, not near us. Could you imagine that? I’m already scared that they will steal me the jewels or the purse when leaving, I wouldn’t stand sitting next to one of them for a whole opera!

WOMAN: Well, you have reasons to be scared, that happened once to a friend of mine! They took all that she got in her purse.

SFX: Ambience sound of people inside the theatre, sitting, etc.

(Continue sound in background)

HANNAH: (fascinated) Oh gosh, this is so beautiful! Look at the stage and the red curtain! I’m so excited we can be here tonight.

JERRY: Yeah, I hope it’s worth it. I’ve been working too hard to get these tickets.

SFX: People murmuring and then the curtain opens and there is people clapping, some of them shouting and someone shushes them. Silence. The music starts.

(Music continues in the background.)

MR. BROWNLOW: Darling, I’ll be right back.

SFX: Steps.

JERRY: Hannah, I have to leave just for a moment to get some air.

HANNAH: Oh, but you’ll miss the play!

JERRY: It won’t take me long, I promise.

HANNAH: Okay...

SFX: Steps.

(Music fades)

SFX: Opening of a door.

JERRY: Hi.

MR. BROWNLOW: Good ni... Wait, I know you... (angry) What are you doing here?! Scum like you shouldn’t enter the opera! You are disgusting, man. How dare you come to the same place as me?! (spits)

JERRY: But, sir... I don’t know you... I just came here with my girlfriend.

MR. BROWNLOW: Yes, you know me! Do you really think I would forget you? You tried to rob in my house! Luckily that old lady saw you and warned us! I bet you are here today to see if you can get a little fortune out of some poor old woman’s purse, eh?

JERRY: But that wasn’t me, sir, I swear! I don’t know what you are talking about! I’m a good person!

MR. BROWNLOW: Yeah, like I would believe any of you scum... You all deserve to die.

SFX: Gun shot.

SFX: Opening of a door.

MRS. BROWNLOW: (worried and whispering) Where have you been? Why do you look so upset and sweaty?

MR. BROWNLOW: (whispering) Nothing, nothing, just men stuff... Shhh, the play is on.

(The music continues for a moment and ends.)

SFX: Clapping.

SFX: Sound of people standing up and leaving the auditorium.

SFX: A woman screams. Silence and then people murmuring.

(Continue people murmuring in background).

MRS. BROWNLOW: What? What happened?

WOMAN: Apparently there has been a murder. There’s a dead guy in the floor and they say they have seen someone running away.

MRS. BROWNLOW: Oh, I told you! These people are barbarians!

WOMAN: This is the second time this happens... people responsible of the opera should not allow this!

MRS. BROWNLOW: They don’t even let us enjoy a beautiful night. Agh... Please, dear, let’s go.

SFX: People walking and murmuring (fade out).

SFX: Police siren getting closer.

END.

1 comment:

  1. Very good job indeed. The story chosen is excellent, its adaptation would have been too if opening and ending were more catchy (e.g. why not end up just with the scream?)
    Performances are good enough and the sounds added are relevant. The soundscape is, generally speaking, well achieved. Credible production. Most transitions between scenes are good.
    As regards production, resources used are accurate and representative. The use of music and selection of voices are also good. Mixing is smooth. Scripting still lacks info (source of sound in relation to technical instructions). Late posting.
    VG-

    ReplyDelete